The Solar Plant is the most basic energy source production, it is one of the few items you can build without any requirements.
- One of the most important building for starting colonies.
- It is one of the first buildings you will create during the introductory missions.
- Compared to the Fusion Reactor, it is much more cost effective: the Fusion Reactor costs about six times as much resource to produce the same amount of power.
- But, the Solar Plant uses about twice as much space on your planet to for the same level of energy output.
- Furthermore, a level 14 Fusion Reactor is a prerequisite for the Nanite Factory, so you may end up with a big surplus of power, in which case you may want to downgrade your Solar Plant to free up some space for other buildings.
- The sun's energy is harvested and processed at the Solar Plant in your colony providing energy.
- Energy is required to conduct daily business in your colony and upgrading your Solar Plant to increase its output is highly recommended.
- If storage capacity is overwhelmed, energy production will temporarily cease.
- Building construction times vary based on the colony's level upgrades to the Robotics Facility.
- The Solar Plant does not require gas to build.
- The Solar Plant does not require any building or tech requirements.