|Research Lab is used to study science and technology. The speed of research increases correspondingly to Research Lab level. With the development and exchange of technology between researchers, new science and technology findings can be used among all planets.|
Research App is a building in the game. It is used to research technology, witch is required for the further course of the game.
- The Research Lab is the R&D of your entire colony or civilization.
- From this building you can research Laser Tech, Energy Tech, Ion Tech, and more.
- Every researched investment will apply to all your planets, no matter where they're located.
- The higher the level of your Research Lab, the faster you will be able to research technologies.
- The Research Lab is split up into three different categories: Basic Tech, Advanced Tech, and Combat Tech for a total of 16 different techs.
- Research Labs also effect the building of Ships at your Shipyard.
- All Ships requires a different amount of research to be able to construct.
- Always look at the Tech Tree to be sure how much research you have to do.
- Combat Tech and Advanced Tech are very important, never stop upgrading these.
- Most of basic tech upgrades alone have no effect (with the exception of Hyperspace Tech), but are instead used to research ships, and other research
- A good strategy is to have two Research Labs on different Planets and have one upgrading while one is researching.
- This allows you to always be constantly researching something while improving your research time costs, which is the most important aspect of game.
What Can be ResearchedEdit
Upgrade Cost for Research LabEdit
Build / Upgrade TimeEdit
- Rows: Goal Upgrade Level
- Columns: Robotics Facility Level
- Result: Upgrade Time
- Note: Times recorded using a Commander Lv1. which confers a construction time -10%
|6||20m 43s||12m 57s|
Time to BuildEdit
- The time to build formula is:
- with the following variables:
- t = time [seconds]
- d = Bonus Discount [%]
- r = Robotics Facility Level
- l = Upgrade Level
- And the following constants
- As derived from the following Equations:
- Solve for B
- And Solve for Constant A
- (Best Value as of Apr 25, 2014)
- A = Constant = 178.641766771527
- B = Constant = 0.522122844299938