- The Radar Facility has an early warning system.
- If you are being attacked the Radar Facility will detect the fleet (depending on the Radar Facility level, see chart) and warn you of the attack varying minutes in advance.
- Although the constant detection does have energy requirements which will reduce resource production speed in your base.
- The higher the level of Radar Facility, the more effective it is at detection, including which ships it can detect.
- Not sure on the timeframe for incoming attacks.
- Usually it's a 15 min window.
|Level of Radar Facility||Ship able to detect|
|Level 1||Light Fighter|
|Level 4||Colony Ship|
|Level 5||Cargo Ship|
|Level 7||Heavy Fighter|
|Level 10||Large Cargo Ship|
|Level 14||Destroyer, Interceptor, Iron Behemoth, Bomber ,Devourer Interceptor ,Titanenergetic Frigate, Annihilator.|
- Upgrading your Radar Facility until it can see Bombers is unnecessary because it is unlikely that someone will send a fleet of only Bombers (They use more gas than they can store).
- The Radar Facility is very useful because the early warning system gives you time to handle the situation properly.
- If your planet is running low on space, you can upgrade your Radar Facility to level 10, because most attackers will send Large Cargo Ships and Recyclers for loot.
- Currently Level 14 is the highest level for Early Warning Radar Facility.
Build / Upgrade TimeEdit
- Rows: Goal Upgrade Level
- Columns: Robotics Facility Level
- Result: Upgrade Time
- Note: Times recorded using a Commander Lv1. which confers a construction time -10%
|4||1m 29s||1m 11s||59s|
|5||1m 47s||1m 33s|
|6||3m 46s||3m 18s|
Time to BuildEdit
- The time to build formula is:
- with the following variables:
- t = time [seconds]
- d = Bonus Discount [%]
- r = Robotics Facility Level
- l = Upgrade Level
- And the following constants
- As derived from the following Equations:
- Solve for B
- And Solve for Constant A
- (Best Value as of Apr 25, 2014)
- A = Constant = 19.7979797979798
- B = Constant = 0.747914864323704