Buildings specific to MoonsEdit
How to obtain a MoonEdit
There is a chance a Moon is created after every fight resulting in a sufficiently-large debris field, on the Planet which the battle took place. The chance to get a Moon is directly linked to the losses during the fight: for every 400K debris, you get + 1% chance to get a Moon, up to a maximum of 20% chance, which occurs at 8M debris.
Below is a table containing calculations of how many of every type of ship you would need to get the maximum of 20%.
|Ship's Name||Debris Field/ship||# of ships needed to get 20 %|
|Light Fighter||1 ' 200||6667|
|Heavy Fighter||3 ' 000||2667|
|Cruiser||8 ' 097||988|
|Battleship||17 ' 978||445|
|Dreadnought||20 ' 997||381|
32 ' 922
|Defense's Name||Debris Field/unit||# of defense needed to get 20 %|
|Rocket Launcher||600||13 ' 334|
|Light Laser||600||13 ' 334|
|Heavy Laser||2 ' 400||3 ' 334|
|MK2 Cannon||10 ' 500||762|
|Ion Cannon||2 ' 400||3 ' 334|
|Plasma Cannon||39 ' 000||206|
|Unit's Name||Debris Field/unit||# of units needed for 20 %|
|Cargo Ship||1 ' 200||6 ' 667|
|Large Cargo Ship||3 ' 600||2 ' 223|
|Colony Ship||9 ' 000||889|
|Recycler||5 ' 400||1 ' 482|
|Probe||3 ' 000||2 ' 667|
|Solar Satellite||750||10 ' 667|
Any combination of any units making a debris field of 8M will give you 20% chance to get a Moon. Keep in mind that the enemy losses counts too!
How/What to build on your MoonEdit
Moons are particular planets: their maximum size can be reached by upgrading your Moon Base. Once you get a Moon, it'll only have one place, you'll then have to build the Moon Base, giving you 3 places more, allowing you to build others buildings. To get more places, you'll have to keep upgrading the Moon Base (every level gives you 3 places more, until you reach the ultimate maximum of your Moon). A Moon can have about 30 spaces minimum!
Moons are quite the difficult challenge to maintain so heres a simple guide:
- Moon Base Level 1
- Robotics Facility (Moon) Level 1 and 2
- Moon Base Level 2
- Robotics Facility (Moon) Level 3 and 4
- Moon Base Level 3
- Robotics Facility (Moon) Level 5 and 6
- Moon Base Level 4
- Pioneer Lab Level 1
- The EU-X radar array Level 1
- Moon Base Level 5
- Robotics Facility (Moon) Level 7
- The EU-X radar array Level 2 and 3
- Moon Base Level 6
- The EU-X radar array Level 4 and 5
- A Moon is not like a Planet, it does not get "green protection" after an attack, meaning if you have unprotected resources on a Moon, someone can attack repeatedly until they have looted everything.
- An attack on your Moon is also detected by your radar on your Planet.
- If your Planet is "green protected" you can still launch attacks from your Moon. The "green protection" will not disappear (but the bonuses from Galactonite won't apply).
- A fleet travelling from a Planet to its Moon and vice versa always take 3 minutes to do so. You can change the speed of the fleet to 10 % to conserve gas, it will not increase the duration of the travel.