Espionage Tech serves four critical roles in the game.
- It allows your Probes to operate with greater efficiency; collecting vital information about potential dangers and threats to your Colony or Civilization.
- The higher your Espionage Tech level is, the less enemies spying on your Planets will see.
- As Espionage Tech becomes higher, you will receive earlier and earlier warnings about incoming attacks.
- All three resources are needed for this tech. (metal, crystal, and gas)
- Finally, and maybe most importantly, boosting Espionage Tech levels will improve your chances of finding resources in the Nebula. Until you get to about level 6 or 7, you will use more gas doing Neb runs than you get out of it. I.e. so many of your Nebula runs will return with nothing that you will run out of gas.
Building Requirements: Research Lab Level 3.
Upgrade Costs This Tech requires all resources in order to upgrade.
A typical Espionage Tech report might look like:
Espionage Tech result:
- Planet resources: metal: 13372355, crystal: 463782305 , gas: 417523495 energy: 113745 Mysterious Shards: 722
- Galactonite: Orange Galactonite Flaming Crystals Concentrated Galactonite
- debris: metal: 0, crystal: 0, gas: 0
- defense: Solar Satellite: 5000, Light Laser: 1000, Heavy Laser: 500, MK2 Cannon: 250, Ion Cannon: 250, Small Shield Dome: 1, Large Shield Dome: 1, Plasma Cannon: 340
- ships: Light Fighter: 13000, Battleship: 800, Dreadnoughts: 400, Recycler: 2066, Probe: 80, Destroyer: 2717, Interceptor: 166, Iron Behemoth: 10
- building: Metal Mine: Lv 23, Crystal Mine: Lv 2, Gas Mine: Lv 5, Solar Plant: Lv 9, Fusion Reactor: Lv 14, Metal Storage: Lv 12, Robotics Facility: Lv 16, Shipyard: Lv 14, Radar Facility: Lv 14, Nanite Factory: Lv 2, Galactonite Research Center: Lv 1
- Radar Facility: Enable
- tech: Energy Tech: Lv 10, Laser Tech: Lv 12, Ion Tech: Lv 7, Hyperspace Tech: Lv 8, Plasma TechLv 8, Combustion Drive: Lv 14, Impulse Drive: Lv 6, Hyperspace Drive: Lv 9, Espionage Tech: Lv 16, Computer Tech: Lv 14, Astrophysics Tech: Lv 10, Weapons Tech: Lv 13, Shielding Tech: Lv 14, Strength Tech: Lv 13, Ultra Temperature Tech: Lv 8, Anti-Gravity Tech: Lv 6
If your Espionage Tech level is too low, or your enemy's Espionage Tech level is too high, or you don't send enough Probes on the espionage mission, then some of elements of the above Espionage Tech report will be missing.